Welcome, my name is Thomas Hillas.
I am a Life Coach and Counsellor with over 40 years experience
working with young people and adults, couples and corporate teams.
I work face to face, ( Covid regulations permitting), with Zoom, WhatsApp, Skype and telephone.
email email@example.com, tel: 01994 452645, or mobile 07986 285242.
In my work I offer support and solutions for issues relating to
- stress, anxiety and depression
- social anxiety
- difficulties in relationships at home and work
- lack of self esteem and self belief
- goal setting and achievement
- sexual identity
- spirituality and search for meaning
- many young people struggling to find their place in the world
- parents wanting to identify healthy ways of supporting their children's growth
- couples facing challenges in their relationship
- professionals exploring issues in their career
- people trying to establish a balance between the demands of their work and the other parts of their life
- "Get a Life" a series of programmes presented on BBC local radio
- multiple interviews in local press and radio on diverse life issues
- "Can you improve your character?" Business Now. Issue 44
- "The Enneagram: a motivational model for understanding and transformation" Train the Trainer. Issue 33
- four year diploma in Psychosynthesis Skills, Psychosynthesis Trust, London, UK
- 30 years teaching the Enneagram
- diploma in Life Coaching, NCFE
- ongoing training and practice in CBT
- a Masters degree and Dess (roughly equivalent to PhD) in Theology from the University of Strasbourg, France
- a BA in Arabic and Islamic Studies from Pisai, Rome, Italy
In these difficult times, I am aware that an increasing number of people, young and old, are looking for the help and support of a counsellor and or life coach. Many of these people have not the financial means to pay for this service.
I would like to help.
My normal fee is £70 per hour, however, if this is beyond your means, it would be my pleasure to discuss fees which are more suitable to your present situation, no matter how much lower.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Experience Matters - yours and mine.
More about me
I bring to my work a mixture of experience, professional skills and my own personality. Since 1997, from my base in the UK, I've been offering a professional life coaching and counselling service for young people, adults, couples and professional teams.
Before 1997, I lived and worked in different countries of the world chiefly in challenging situations in Africa, in education, community building, counselling and coaching.
People say that I am warm, friendly and wise, understanding and insightful.
I give myself 100% to the client I am with; support them at all times; challenge them when appropriate.
I have also known periods of my own struggle, depression, doubt and anxiety.
This experience, I am certain, gives me added insight, empathy and power in my work as coach and counsellor.
My fundamental belief is that each of us is special, each of us unique; each of us is invited to discover and acknowledge
our individual talents; to break out of our "smallness"; to leave our footprint on this world.
And we are not alone.
It is in our uniqueness that we truly meet others; growing together; to create something beautiful.
We can create our own life, not trapped within the constraints it presents, but seeing the limitations as an opportunity to grow and move beyond them; to create a life with meaning and purpose.
Some attempt to grow alone, most of us need others. In my experience, we grow together.
All my life I have valued the support and challenge others have offered me, even when at times it has been immensely painful; I strive to give this same support to my clients; walking a few steps with them; sometimes with 2 or 3 sessions, sometimes over a longer period. Each is unique in their journey.