The Enneagram is an effective guide to psychological and spiritual growth and I have found it invaluable in my work.
The Cambridge Enneagram Group has been running since 2002.
We meet on the second Monday of each month and welcome newcomers.
Monday 12 February 2018 7.30pm - 9.30pm
The Arrows on the Enneagram
What happens when we are in stress?
What can we do to get to our place of healthy development?
The Perfectionist Enneatype 1
The Perfectionist has an over riding need to get things right, to do the right thing, and to get everyone else to do it. I am of this Enneatype myself and I often refer to us as the "right-ists".
At our worst we can be a real pain both to ourselves and others in our striving to get things totally perfect - an impossible dream.
At our best we can see that the imperfect is an integral part of the beauty of all that is, and enjoy life just as it is.
When we follow the arrow to the Four, the Tragic Romantic, we can
- negatively get terribly depressed believing that no one understands us and there's no hope for any of us
- or more positively become more creative and in touch with deeper feelings
When we follow the arrow to the Seven, the Fun Lover, we can
- negatively, begin to self destruct through excess
- or positively, chill out, become more spontaneous, and do things just because they're fun
Each of us, whatever our Enneatype, know that we can seem like different people at different times of our life or even over the course of a single day. Our moods can change, and with them our thoughts, feelings and behaviour depending on circumstances, people we meet, things that are said or done.
Through the lines connecting each Enneatype to others, the Enneagram model gives us
· an incredibly accurate map for identifying the movement between stress and security
· strategies we can take for choosing to react differently
· options for more empowering and fulfilling ways of living
The workshop is held at 14 Trinity Close, Haslingfield, Cambridge, CB23 1LS, and the fee of £15 includes handouts and refreshments.
Join us if you can; you’ll be happy if you do.
For more details feel free to contact me by email or phone, and check out my website http://www.thomashillas.com/enneagram.html
I look forward to seeing you on Monday 11 December
I also offer individual one-to-one sessions and customised workshops for businesses interested in developing their skills and talents using the Enneagram model
Contact me for further details, or you can sign up for a workshop through Meet Up